How to add Photo Galleries to Concrete5 (Updated with ScreenShots)
First install Simple Image Gallery (a free plugin for Concrete5)
Next, you organize your photos per Gallery into a FILE SET…
Making FILE SET: Go to Dashboard >> FILES >> FILE SETS
- Click ADD FILE SET, name it something meaningful. If you are going to organize your Galleries into many separate categories, make a different File Set for each Gallery!
- Then go back to Dashboard, go to File Manager, click UPLOAD MULTIPLE
- Add Files from your computer, remember to get the whole bunch for the gallery (hold shift to select multiple files in a range or Control to select multiples one by one)
- This will just put the files in the Queue to upload, remember to hit START UPLOADS (at Bottom of Popup screen)
- Now, VERY IMPORTANT!!! The window that shows completed has 3 tabs… go to the SETS tab and select the FILE SET you just created. Then click UPDATE
Hit Return to Main Website button
Then, Add a new page to hold the gallery (if not done prior):
- If the page is to be a top level page on the main site menu:
- go to the Home Page, click Edit and ADD A SUBPAGE. If you want the page to be a Sub-Page and show up on the drop down menu under a Top Level page, first go to edit that top level page then ADD A SUBPAGE.
Choose a design for the page that works well with Galleries… I think one with no sidebars is best… more room for photos. Also, if a default header image comes up that makes no sense, just click on that block and DELETE
Add a Block to the Main Content Area…
For a title add a Content Area and simply add some text describing the Gallery.
Then Add 1 more block to main: Simple Image Gallery…
– Set it up how you like and choose a FILE SET. Click ADD button.
Make sure to save the page and you are done (up at top “Editing” mouse over and click PUBLISH MY EDITS)
Sounds like a lot, but it becomes quite easy after doing it a few times.